Meatballs for Spaghetti
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal (if veal is not available, I use half beef and half pork
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 T chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups stale Italian bread crumbled, or Italian bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
Combine beef, veal, and pork in a large bowl. Add garlic, eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
Blend bread crumbs into meat mixture. Slowly add the water 1/2 cup at a time. The mixture should be very moist but still hold it's shape if rolled into meatballs. Usually about 1 1/4 cups of water is all that is necessary. Shape into meatballs.
Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in 350 degree oven until browned.
Place cooked meatballs into Marinara Sauce and cook for 15 more minutes.