Cuban Style Pork and Sweet Potato Slow Cooker Stew
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
Servings: 4-6 servings
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound lean pork loin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 medium scallions, chopped (green parts only)
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
Place potatoes, pork, tomatoes, garlic, orange juice, scallions, salt, cumin and pepper in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 7 hours.
Stir in lime juice and cilantro, cover slow cooker, and cook for 5 minutes more.
I used fingerling potatoes instead of sweet potatoes and I didn't peel them, just sliced them in about 1 inch pieces.